Monday, December 12, 2011

1957 -- 9 years old

This was the year I got my first diary -- pink, with a lock (since I had so many secret things to write.)
I wrote in it off and on until I left for college.  I think everyone should keep a journal.  My mom  filled stacks of notebooks with her journals, and I also have my Grandan's journals.  I'll be adding pages from their Christmas writings, too.


I got a beautiful ballerina doll that year -- my plan was to be a ballerina when I grew up.  I tripped over a brother and stepped on her hand and broke off 2 fingers.   My Emmett Kelley clown doll was also a Christmas gift this year.  One of my brothers used it to hit another brother with, and the clown's head broke off.  I was so upset -- I loved my dolls. With a house full of brothers, it's a wonder I had anything unbroken!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

These remembrances are meant to be a reminder of "The most wonderful time of the year." Please feel free to add your version if you were there!